Family Based Child Care Programs
In addition to our center based care, the Guild of St. Agnes offers family child care. This option allows parents to place their children in small intimate settings in the homes of Family Child Care Educators. The MA Department of Early Education and Care licenses the Family Child Care homes and the Guild of St. Agnes subcontracts with these Educators to provide quality, affordable, early childhood education programs in safe, nurturing environments for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. Each provider is current in CPR and First Aid, participates in the USDA sponsored Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP), and annually attends 20 hours of training offered by the staff of the Guild of St. Agnes and other professionals from the greater Worcester area.
The Guild of St. Agnes has a network of 125+ independent sub-contracted early education and care educators located throughout Worcester County serving hundreds of children. Contact information for the Guild offices connected with Family Educators in given parts of the County is the following:
- Worcester Family Child Care office currently has family childcare homes located in Worcester Auburn and West Boylston. (508) 363-0788
- Devens Family Child Care office currently has family childcare educators located in: Ayer, Clinton, Fitchburg, Leominster, Shirley, and Sterling. (978) 772-9130
- Gardner Family Child Care office currently has family childcare educators located in: Ashburnham, Baldwinville, Gardner, Hubbardston, Templeton, Westminster, and Winchendon. (978) 632-9335
- Leicester Family Child Care office currently has family childcare educators located in: Brookfield, Leicester, Rochdale, Spencer, and North Brookfield. (508) 434-2345
- Webster Family Child Care office currently has family childcare educators located in: Blackstone, Dudley, Hopedale, Northbridge, Millville, Milford, Oxford, Sutton, Uxbridge, Webster, and Whitinsville. (508) 461-6496
Educators care for 6-10 children in their homes, the number depending on their license. Many have assistants who are with them throughout the day. Flexible hours are offered to parents in Family Child Care programs. Transportation is provided where applicable.
Educators work with families by sharing information on their child's development with written progress reports and parent conferences. The Guild of St. Agnes has an open door policy; parents are encouraged to visit their children in the Family Child Care home at any time during child care hours.
The Guild of St. Agnes has Family Child Care Coordinators who visit the Family Child Care homes at least twice a month. During these visits Family Child Care Coordinators observe the progress children are making, provide assistance and help with advice to the Family Child Care educator.
When visiting the Family Child Care educator, Coordinators look to help with various topics, such as:
- Record keeping
- Developmentally appropriate practices
- Abuse and neglect
Regular training is provided to the Family Child Care educators on these topics and more. Our programs use Teaching Strategies GOLD, an assessment, reporting, and planning system. This system helps us to track what your child is doing and plan meaningful activities that match his or her strengths, needs, and interests. In some homes families are utilizing the online version of this program. Once signed in to the site, parents can communicate with educators and search for age appropriate activities for home.
Interested in becoming a sub-contracted provider with the Guild of St Agnes?
Please contact the office closest to you!
Or call:1 888-798-4567